Wildlife & Wine Tour
- Adult Ages 19+
- Teenager Ages 13-18
- Child Ages 12 & Under
Family-Friendly Winery and B.C. Wildlife Park Tour
This full-day tour combines the allure of the Kamloops Wine Trail with an opportunity for a relaxed visit to B.C.’s renowned Wildlife Park, a recognized leader in wildlife conservation and tourism in our province.
The abundance of our Canadian wildlife is well represented within this expansive park: wolves, coyotes, cougars, bobcats, bison, elk, moose and deer, bighorn sheep, and the park favourite, Clover the Spirit Bear are just a few of the wild residents that you see. All resident animals are rescue animals that can not be returned to the wild and live in a natural habitat enclosure.
A walking tour with one of our own guides around the park is interesting and informative. There is also time to commemorate your B.C. wildlife experience with a visit to the Naturally Yours Gift Shop, which features wildlife and nature-themed crafts by local artisans that are sure to be a delight to all nature lovers.
You also visit two great wineries. Forging a new era of exploration for the Thompson Valley, Monte Creek Ranch Winery offers the next frontier in winemaking. This working ranch aims to follow in the footsteps of the area’s early explorers and uncover what the land can offer.
Harper’s Trail Estate Winery is named for the cattle drive “trail” of pioneer rancher Thaddeus Harper and is Kamloops’ first winery, opening its tasting room in 2013. Tucked into the city outskirts on the bank of the South Thompson River, Harper’s Trail sits among the rolling hills of sage and grass… home to bighorn sheep. The backdrop of limestone, hoodoos, and a natural spring highlights the biodiversity of this rare place and is reflected in the unique tastes of their wines, which are all lovingly created from estate-grown grapes.
The cost of food is not included in the tour price. Custom picnic options available.
We require a minimum of four people in order for this tour to operate. We will reach out if this minimum is not met to reschedule.
- Wine tasting fees
- B.C. Wildlife Park admission
- Transportation to/from Kamloops accommodations
- Complimentary chilled bottled water
- Secure coolers for wine and food storage
What to Bring
- Guests are welcome to bring or purchase their own lunch fare and to bring light snacks for mid-afternoon.
- Any children coming on this tour should have toys or other entertainment with them.
Notes & Restrictions
- The legal drinking age in British Columbia is 19 years old. Two pieces of photo identification may be requested.
- B.C. Law: It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages in any vehicle. No exceptions!
- Tasting Room Etiquette: Wineries reserve the right to refuse service to disruptive and/or inebriated guests. Don’t be THAT guest!
- No SCENTS makes SENSE: Perfume, cologne, shampoo or other strongly scented personal care products interfere with both the tasting experience and/or other guests with allergies. Please be sensitive to your fellow passengers.
- Comfortable footwear is recommended for vineyard tours.
- Chargers are available in all vehicles for Apple and Android devices. Bluetooth music is permitted. Please advise the driver/guide in advance who will be in control of the volume.