Visit five wineries and enjoy a vineyard lunch stop and a facility tour! This tour in Lake Country features award-winning wineries nestled on the hillside overlooking the north end of Lake Okanagan.
Sun Peaks Huckleberry Finn Tour
- Adult Ages 19+
Visit Three Wineries & Enjoy a Scenic Boat Tour!
Starting from Sun Peaks, we travel north to the historic McLure Ferry for a fun trip across the North Thompson River followed by a scenic circle tour around the Kamloops Wine Trail. Your tour guide gives a fascinating overview of our unique Kamloops geology, plus you visit three Kamloops wineries with an opportunity to sample ciders if your tour is booked for a weekend or state holiday.
Visit the following wineries:
- Privato Winery – The inspiration behind the name Privato comes from the Italian word meaning private, which aptly describes the winery’s idyllic setting. A hidden gem in the heart of B.C.’s exciting Thompson Valley wine region, Privato is a family-owned boutique winery dedicated to the production of premium Burgundian-style wines.
- Monte Creek Ranch Winery – Forging a new era of exploration for the Thompson Valley, Monte Creek Ranch offers the next frontier in winemaking. Just a 10-minute drive outside Kamloops City limits, Monte Creek Ranch aims to follow in the footsteps of the area’s early explorers and uncover what the land can offer. Monte Creek Ranch also has an expansive full-service patio overlooking their vineyards where guests are welcome to choose items from their locally sourced menu at their own expense.
- Harper’s Trail Estate Winery – Harper’s Trail is named for the cattle drive “trail” of pioneer rancher Thaddeus Harper and is Kamloops’ first winery, opening its tasting room in 2013. Tucked into the city outskirts on the bank of the South Thompson River, Harper’s Trail sits among the rolling hills of sage and grass… home to bighorn sheep. The backdrop of limestone, hoodoos, and a natural spring highlights the biodiversity of this rare place.
- Tasting fees
- Transportation to/from Sun Peaks Resort
- Complimentary chilled bottled water
- Secure coolers for wine and food storage
- Professional and knowledgeable wine guide/drive
- Lunch stop (lunch is at your expense)